ORIGIN TRIP 2022
COFFEE PARADISE COSTA RICA
Come travel with us and discover the most important landmarks of our coffee producing grounds
Arrival at meetup point in San José Costa Rica near airport
- Quick stop at Teatro Nacional for a coffee break and a quick history of coffee production in Costa Rica.
- Visit the Gaia Artisan Coffee F-1 hybrid greenhouses.
-Here we will have guest speakers from Icafé Costa Rica (Institute of coffee), SCA Costa Rica, Catie, Ministry of Commerce
-Travel to our accommodation in the Orosi region
Tarrazú coffee region
- Plantation and processing plant tour in the Tarrazú region (details of the plantations we will visit will follow).
-This is one of the most famous coffee regions in Costa Rica.
- Lunch with coffee experience
- Visit Casa de la Alegría daycare center for kids of coffee workers
West Valley coffee region
-Visit the Gaia Coffee Roastery and share roasting profiles with each other.
- Travel to the Naranjo region where Fernando's plantations are located.
- Check in at hotel
- Tour at processing plant.
- Visit the Gaia Artisan Farms together with Fernando.
West Valley coffee region
-Guided coffee picking in one of Fernando's plantations (if they let us! We'll do our best to make this possible. However, it is high season and we might get in the way of production)
- Tour of Hacienda Alsacia (Starbucks Coffee Farms)
Back to Pick-up point
- Back to meet up point in San José near airport.
- Leaving paradise is always hard, we know! But we'll make it a memorable experience!
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Single person: $660 (€600)
4 nights ($360)+ transport ($300)
Double occupancy per person: $480 (€440)
4 nights ($180)+ transport ($300)
- Price includes breakfast and accommodation taxes.
- Price does not include flight ticket. We will meet in Costa Rica and give everyone the flexibility to vacation before or after our organised trip.
- Lunches, dinners and extra entree tickets are not included. We'll do our best to keep it low profile and catch the local experience the Anthony Bourdain style.
- A day's plan may change depending people's availability to receive us on site.
- We do not profit from organising this trip. We will coordinate as much as we can to make it easy and enjoyable. - Accommodation is payed by you. Transport will be done on a shared van that we will rent together. Costs have been estimated based on a minimum of 6 attendees.
- It speaks for itself that we will be tasting lots of delicious coffees!
- Book before January 31st to secure your spot!
- Once we have a group of minimum 6 people we will confirm our trip.
- Covid requirements will be discussed with the people that sign up. As to now, there's no problem for tourists to travel to Costa Rica but we must understand that restrictions change by the day.
Want to join us? Send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org