ORIGIN TRIP 2023
COFFEE PARADISE COSTA RICA
Come travel with us and discover the most important landmarks of our coffee producing grounds
-Arrival at hotel in San José in order to rest from the flight and jet-lag.
- Visit San José center to visit the National Theater for a coffee break and a quick history of coffee production in Costa Rica. The theater is a coffee landmark and was built from coffee export taxes as were the banking system and roads at the time.
- Lunch at one of the hippest neighbourhoods in San José with Specialty Coffee cafés.
- Visit the Gaia Artisan Coffee F-1 hybrid greenhouses.
- Here we will learn about F-1 hybrids and will also get to see the new exotic varieties and new projects by Gaia.
-Travel to our accommodation in the region.
Tarrazú coffee region
- Visit our partners and Specialty Coffee producers Don Alexis Coffee and their micro-mill "Los Campos". They are specialized in fermentation processes and are also moving onto F-1 Hybrid varieties. Cupping session.
- We will have a tasting session of exotic tropical fruit and lunch at the plantations with the Rodriguez Navarro family from Don Alexis Coffee.
- Visit Coope Dota, so we can learn about the production of a bigger scale cooperative in this famous region also certified with the Tarrazú 'Denomination of Origin' by the Costa Rican Institute of Coffee.
West Valley coffee region
-Visit the Gaia Coffee Roastery and share roasting profiles with each other.
- Travel to the Naranjo region where Gaia Artisan Coffee's plantations are located.
- Check in at hotel
- Tour at processing plant and cupping session.
West Valley coffee region
- Visit the Gaia Artisan Farms together with Fernando.
- Guided coffee picking (if they let us! We'll do our best to make this possible. However, it is high season and we might get in the way of production)
- Lunch with Fernando
- Travel back to San José to spend a last evening before departure
- Leaving paradise is always hard, we know! But we'll make it a memorable experience, we promise!
-Travel back or keep traveling!
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Single accomodation: €850
6 days 5 nights (€500)+ transport (€350)
Double occupancy per person: €650
6 days 5 nights (€300)+ transport (€350)
- Price includes breakfast and accommodation taxes.
- Price does not include flight ticket. We will meet in Costa Rica and give everyone the flexibility to vacation before or after our organized trip.
- Lunches, dinners and extra entree tickets are not included. We'll do our best to keep it low profile and catch the local experience the Anthony Bourdain style.
- A day's plan may change depending people's availability to receive us on site or if we find a better plan!
- We do not profit from organizing this trip. We will coordinate as much as we can to make it easy and enjoyable.
- It speaks for itself that we will be tasting lots of delicious coffees!
- Book before December 31st to secure your spot!
- If more than 3 people sign up, then the transport can become cheaper and we will adjust the price accordingly.
Want to join us? Send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org